Home » Gas Safety

Gas safety

If you smell gas

  • Call National Grid on 0800 111 999 to make property safe
  • Do not switch lights or any electrical items on or off
  • Do not smoke or use any naked flames
  • Turn off gas appliances
  • Turn off gas supply to property
  • Open doors & windows to ventilate property
  • Call Cole Bros to locate & repair the source of your gas leak

Cole Bros can help keep you & your family gas safe & protected from the dangers of carbon monoxide from as little as £50-00 with an annual boiler service. Or go that one step further & include a home owner gas safety inspection.

Carbon Monoxide – what is it & where does it come from?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas that has no smell, no colour & no taste, hence The silent killer. It is produced as a by product of incomplete combustion when any fossil fuel is burnt including natural gas, LPG & oil.

Be aware of the symptoms – it could save your life

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Flu like symptoms
  • Tiredness
  • Breathlessness
  • Loss of consciousness

What should you do?

  • Get fresh air immediately. Open doors & windows, turn off gas appliances & leave the house
  • Call National Grid on 0800 111 999 to make property safe
  • See a doctor or visit hospital immediately, letting them know carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected
  • Call Cole Bros to inspect all gas appliances & flues using Telegan gas monitoring systems. We can also fit a carbon monoxide alarm for that extra peace of mind.